My First Tile Project - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-04-2019, 09:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 220

My first tile project

Hi-

I am getting ready to start my first tile project. I am going to replace the kitchen backsplash tile with subway tile.

What is the best approach to start this? Should I come in from the metal edge here or something else?

Also, I watched several tiling videos but none of them discussed leveling the tiles. When I pull all these tiles off will the wall likely be flat so the tiles are laying flat on the wall and one isn't sticking out more than the others?

Thx.
Attached Thumbnails
My first tile project-img_3238.jpg  
sayluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 06:16 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,770

Re: My first tile project

Just want you to know I read your post, just not a pro with tile or how it should look. Maybe a couple of pictures from farther back will help the pros comments.

As for removing what is there it can go either direction, easy or you may need to replace the drywall. I've had some tile that practically fell off but others that would have stayed up for another hundred years and they took the drywall with them.

Best,
Bud
sayluv (03-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 220

Re: My first tile project

Thanks. Here are a few more picks. Of course in the videos the tiles just fall right off the wall. If they tear apart the drywall I think I will have to call in reinforcements.

I think these must be floors tiles because they are so thick.
Attached Thumbnails
My first tile project-img_3241.jpg   My first tile project-img_3240.jpg  
sayluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement