Mud Bed Extra Effort? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Mud bed extra effort?

I have a tub that wasn't installed properly (GC didn't install mud bed even though install instructions said to do so). He agreed to take everything out to install correctly, but wants to charge me for the work associated with the mud bed - and extra 1,000. Now I researched this and I don't see how that is an extra 1,000 worth of work (scope already included everything in the bath being replaced including new sistered joist). Because of this, I'm considering putting the mud bed down myself. How difficult of a task is this?
2ndCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
retired painter

Rewards Points: 1,426

Re: Mud bed extra effort?

Sounds like he's trying to recoup his loss. Basically all you do is mix up the mud, pour it on the floor and set the tub in the wet mud. IMO the hardest part of the job is picking up the bucket [s] of mud and carrying them inside.
mark sr is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement