Laminate Counter Miter Seam - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling


Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 40
Rewards Points: 43

Laminate Counter miter seam

Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to fill the seam a little better and make it waterproof. The seam is 2 feet away from the sink. How can I protect it from a spill or when cleaning it with a wet rag. The piece were connected with Titebond 3 which is waterproof however this is a small gap, less than 1/32 of an inch. That is the closest I could get them lined up together. I was thinking of just putting a strip of scotch tape? The seam is not really that big or deep to get a product to fill it.
Thanks for any help in advanced
Attached Thumbnails
Laminate Counter miter seam-mitercut.jpg   Laminate Counter miter seam-closeview.jpg   Laminate Counter miter seam-zoomedin.jpg  
jasesun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 2,444
Rewards Points: 144

Both Wisonart and Formica make seam fillers to match their sheet goods.
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mako1 For This Useful Post:
mae-ling (04-30-2015)
Sponsored Links

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cutting laminate counter top brizzle Carpentry 5 03-30-2013 09:20 PM
laminate counter tops kimmers Remodeling 5 08-26-2010 11:32 PM
Counter top - cracked laminate sleepysmurf Carpentry 2 08-13-2010 07:03 PM
Counter top plastic laminate Gerry Kiernan Interior Decorating 4 10-13-2008 10:44 AM
Applying laminate to waterfall edge on a counter top. lmpasker Carpentry 2 04-02-2008 06:34 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts