Kitchen Colors - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Kitchen colors

I have new Oak cabinets in Chestnut with a choc. glaze. They are a very close match to my refinished wood floors. I collect blue/white dishes which will be on display in glass front cabinets and used as accent pieces. I really want to paint a shade of lime green but can't decide on counter tops. My budget will probably confine me to a laminate product. Should I go lighter than the floor and cabinets or would dark counters be ok? I'd also like to add some white but don't think I'd like white counters.
sbauer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Colors are strictly a personal choice, And I never make recommendations to customers. I usually ask, will you still like it in 5 yrs???
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 12

What Bill said. Too many variables, and too many colors.
But I will say: Dark cabinets, dark flooring, do you really want dark counter tops too. How much light, natural and otherwise do you have? I do like counter tops that contrast the cabinets.
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

color

Color is tough. What are your choices? Are you refinishing your existing countertops or buying new?? There are so many choices that you could find a lighter color with darker accents or even go with a medium color. Take a cabinet door, or piece of trim in your cabinet color, one of your plates and paint a board with your wall color to wherever you are shoppping and inspiration should come to you!! Happy color shopping. In my experience, an inspiration will show itself with proper preparation!
teepee105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement