Installing Dishwasher, Are Dishwasher Panels Needed? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 308

Installing dishwasher, are dishwasher panels needed?

I'm installing kitchen cabinets and am trying to figure out if I need to add dishwasher panels between the dishwasher and the cabinets.

There will be cabinets on both sides of the dishwasher. The doors on the cabinets go end to end on the cabinets. The dishwasher requires 24 inches and has rubber strips on both sides to hide the gap between the dishwasher and the cabinet. My concern is that this rubber will interfere with the doors on the cabinets. I figure adding dishwasher panels will solve this, but I'd like to know of standard practice is to install the dishwasher directly next to the cabinet or use a panel. If I don't use them I don't want there to be a crack next to the dishwasher.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DIY Forum
Lemkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 6,901

I've never seen panels used when there is a cabinet on each side. I've also never seen rubber on the sides of a DW. They can be trimmed or tucked if it is a problem. Also panels would reduce your width unless this a full new install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyt
I've never seen panels used when there is a cabinet on each side. I've also never seen rubber on the sides of a DW. They can be trimmed or tucked if it is a problem. Also panels would reduce your width unless this a full new install.
Thanks for the info. I just test fitted a cabinet next to the dishwasher and it'll work fine. I should've done this from the start haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
A "Handy Husband"

Rewards Points: 606

I like to add 1.5 inch spacers on either side of the DW. I add insulation in the added space for sound control.

rjniles is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjniles For This Useful Post:
Vegas Sparky (02-25-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjniles
I like to add 1.5 inch spacers on either side of the DW. I add insulation in the added space for sound control.
Good to know. I've got a few inches to spare. Originally I was going to use a filler strip after the cupboard on the opposing side, but I might do this now.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement