I Joined Because Of Bathroom Problems. - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

I joined because of Bathroom problems.

Hi folks, I was looking on the internet to help me with a project I have started.
I have been looking to refurbish my bathroom for just a short time--- only 24yrs. I have finally gathered most of the items required and was wondering if I could get help on a number of things.
One being the preparation for tiling. Having removed the old tiles I have been left with pits up to ¾” deep (sorry I don’t work in metric) and the wall leans back in one corner and goes out by 1 ½” . It isn’t that the wall has moved has when the house was renovated some 40 years ago. Before my time, they had added pieces of tiles starting half way up the wall in the corner a slither to 1 1/2” wide by the time they have reached the top. The main wall would of been an outer wall to a building built in the 17th century in brick which was plastered and skimmed. I was anticipating trying my hand at skimming the wall but now I think I need to do something more drastic.
The other thing is I bought the taps some years ago and sadly the indice’s are missing for the bath taps. I cannot find anywhere on the web selling these little ceramic disc’s with Hot and Cold written on them (Edwardian style). Does anyone know if there is somewhere you can purchase them. Have been into B and Q where the taps were bought from but all they have is a replacement full top part of the taps..... seems silly to buy all this when all I want is the little disc.
Looking forward to your thoughts if anyone can help.
Jean B
JeanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Learning Things Every Day

Rewards Points: 500

Hi Jean, welcome to the forum!

I would suggest posting your issues and questions in the appropriate sub-forums. They're more likely to be seen and responded to there.
JeanB (04-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement