I Hate My Granite Kitchen Counter Top. - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

I hate my granite kitchen counter top.

Golly Gee Willakers Complete W&D Sorry to have forced you to stop whatever earth shattering thing you were doing to give a flippant reply.

I'll go elsewhere for my answers ..

Last edited by LynneK; 10-13-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 524

OMGosh.... I think I would be more worried about getting RID of the bugs and roaches before worrying about a glass breaking on the counter top. Of course, if you are leaving teeny-tiny shards of glass behind, maybe you will cut their little legs off.

And, I seriously doubt you will not harm the granite by gluing down any kind of laminate. But, I could be wrong.... who knows?

Good luck.... I hope you get this conundrum figured out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 5,348

Never had someone complain about a high end component in an insect infested house. It's usually the bugs that get the main concern. It would be moronic to cover the granite, permanently. Short term, I would cover it with sponges to save the glassware. And save the feet of the roaches. I'd also hire a cleaning service and an exterminator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2015, 03:44 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 6

thanks
Old 10-29-2015, 04:16 AM   #5

I knew that kitchen granite increases home's beauty. It is durable, stylish, elegant and you enjoy a lot. But getting information from you, I am surprised.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,514

sounds like I missed an interesting story.. some tale of granite, glass shards, and roaches. Not sure I can piece it all together from the posts.. I guess thats what I get for sleeping..
Old 10-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansdiydad View Post
sounds like I missed an interesting story.. some tale of granite, glass shards, and roaches. Not sure I can piece it all together from the posts.. I guess thats what I get for sleeping..
It was quite the story indeed. She absolutely hated her granite counter tops. Glass broke into tiny shards when they tipped over and were hard to get up, the counter tops sucked all the heat out of anything you set on them and of all things, you couldn't "see" all the bugs and roaches unless they were moving.

Was there any kind of covering she could glue to the counter top that could be removed later and not damage it?

That wasn't verbatim, but the "gist" of her original post.

I've got is saved for posterity, but since she changed her original post and I didn't actually copy it in my reply, I should probably leave it there.

The Following User Says Thank You to CompleteW&D For This Useful Post:
r0ckstarr (10-30-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,514

sounds like she should cover it with duct tape.. sticky side up.. catch all the shards and the bugs at the same time!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 6,897

Some threads are better when you miss them.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyt View Post
Some threads are better when you miss them.
Yep. That's why they turn the lights down in expensive restaurants.
Some people look better if you can't see them.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:45 AM   #11
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 9,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteW&D View Post
It was quite the story indeed. She absolutely hated her granite counter tops. Glass broke into tiny shards when they tipped over and were hard to get up, the counter tops sucked all the heat out of anything you set on them and of all things, you couldn't "see" all the bugs and roaches unless they were moving.

Was there any kind of covering she could glue to the counter top that could be removed later and not damage it?

That wasn't verbatim, but the "gist" of her original post.

I've got is saved for posterity, but since she changed her original post and I didn't actually copy it in my reply, I should probably leave it there.

Oh, darn, that one should have been saved. One can only assume she was a demobrat. Feel sorry for the hubby.....if she has one.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
Old 10-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #12

Rewards Points: 5,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJManess View Post
I knew that kitchen granite increases home's beauty. It is durable, stylish, elegant and you enjoy a lot. But getting information from you, I am surprised.
What does this mean?
Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 AM   #13

I really liked your colour combinations. If i choose colour for my kitchen cabinets in future, i must select your combination colour. My last word, "Thanks"
Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #14
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 7,732

Another example of how inappropriate replies runs off new members.
Advertisement

Closed Thread