HELP! What Faucet To Fill The Bathtub? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lenaitch

Old 02-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 22

HELP! What faucet to fill the bathtub?

Hello, I could really use some help. We are remodeling our bathroom and have a stand alone tub capable of holding 103 gallons. How many GPM does my faucet need to be? We are looking for a wall mount faucet since that is the design set up. Does anyone recommend one? Thank you!
00naomi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,040

Re: HELP! What faucet to fill the bathtub?

You are asking an incomplete question because it doesn't have a time factor, as in in 'how many GPM does my faucet need to be to fill my tub in x minutes'. Regardless, GPM is governed by the pressure and volume of the supply. Depending on your location, you may have difficulty finding the GPM of a fixture without possibly contacting the manufacturer but I'll take a wild guess that they are pretty much all roughly the same. Differences might be found between mixing valves and traditional faucet-spout combinations.

Find one that looks nice and fits your budget and live on the wild side.
00naomi00 likes this.
lenaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaitch View Post
You are asking an incomplete question because it doesn't have a time factor, as in in 'how many GPM does my faucet need to be to fill my tub in x minutes'. Regardless, GPM is governed by the pressure and volume of the supply. Depending on your location, you may have difficulty finding the GPM of a fixture without possibly contacting the manufacturer but I'll take a wild guess that they are pretty much all roughly the same. Differences might be found between mixing valves and traditional faucet-spout combinations.

Find one that looks nice and fits your budget and live on the wild side.
My concern is that if I don't get the right faucet and end up with a rate of 2 or 3 GPM, the water in the tub would be cold before it was full enough to enjoy. I'm having a difficult time finding anything higher than 3.
00naomi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 2,040

Assuming you branch supply is 1/2", that may be about as best as you can expect. Available flow is also affected by pressure at source and the length of the run.

Use more hot.
lenaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement