Help Identifying Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Type - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 102

Help Identifying Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Type

I plan on painting my kitchen cabinets and replacing the hardware. I do not know what type of hinges I have. I have looked online at various retailers and have not seen the same type of hinge that I have. The edges of my cabinet doors have a 45 degree angle to them, and thus the hinge has a 45 degree angle to it as well. I have tried to read up on kitchen cabinets, and have determined that my cabinets are framed and have full overlay doors. The hinges are exposed and semi concealed.

If someone can tell me exactly what type of hinge I need to buy that will fit my cabinet doors, I would really appreciate it. Trying to replace them with cheaper hardware, nothing concealed or fancy, just exposed hinges, probably going with a nickel finish.

Here's some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Help Identifying Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Type-20140921_165519_resized.jpg   Help Identifying Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Type-20140921_165533_resized.jpg   Help Identifying Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Type-20140921_165540_resized.jpg   Help Identifying Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Type-20140921_170314_resized.jpg  
MetalMan8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,890

Offset hinges.
Lowes and HD have them by the bin full.
If you change them your going to be stuck with exposed holes to fill that will stick out like a sore thumb.
There's at least 3 different offsets so bring one with you.
Advertisement