Hardibacker/Drywall Outsider Corner - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-26-2015, 11:43 AM  

Rewards Points: 12

Hardibacker/Drywall Outsider Corner

I'm redoing my bathroom and need help on how to approach the outside corner where the cement board will meets the drywall. I would like to have the tile go all the way to the corner. Should I install the greenboard all the way to the cement board? Should I use an outside corner? If so, what kind? Any thoughts or advice are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Hardibacker/Drywall Outsider Corner-fullsizerender-9-.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2015, 09:20 PM  

Rewards Points: 5,690

It's really not clear from that picture and your description what you're doing. You have green drywall already installed, right? And you want to know what to do at the INSIDE corner??
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffnc For This Useful Post:
kgpuzio (10-30-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015, 05:23 PM  

Rewards Points: 12

Thanks Jeffnc. The cement board is up (shown in picture). I am wondering how to install the greenboard (not up ... but will go over studs on right side of picture) and how to do the outside corner. For example, should I use a vinyl or metal corner? And, how should I fix that outside corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015, 05:49 PM  
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 748

Thanks kgpuzio,

That was as clear as mud. That corner, every outside corner needs outside corner bead. Wet area, plastic.

Why is there concrete backer on that one wall, but gb where we see it? Hows about another pic from a few steps back, or a description of what this room is?

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
Old 06-02-2016, 09:16 PM  

Rewards Points: 83

Re: Hardibacker/Drywall Outsider Corner

I think that all the board you see is cement board, the lighting just makes it look a little green. I am currently having the same dilemma. Here is a picture of my install:

Do you put the plastic corner bead on and tile over it? Won't that telegraph thru the by changing the angle of the last tile in each row?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:10 AM  

Rewards Points: 5,690

Re: Hardibacker/Drywall Outsider Corner

That is definitely drywall and not cement board on the outer wall. The corner bead won't be a problem because the thinset will fill in any inconsistency in height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bathroom , cement backer , drywall , outside corner