Floating Vanity Installation - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 193

Floating vanity installation

Hi all - I'm installing a suspended, on the wall vanity in our master bathroom. The vanity will be mounted 22" high from the floor. There will be a 1" thick marble counter top with under mount sink. The vanity came with 6 screws with moly's. I put 2x8 blocking between the studs where the vanity will mount. My question - how would you securely mount the vanity? I don't feel comfortable using the wimpy screws provided. Maybe 6 or more lag bolts with washers? Thanks.
Jack E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #2

Re: Floating vanity installation

In addition, the vanity is 48" x 21.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 7,188

Pictures would help. But I figure top of your vanity is at 32", so it is about 10" tall. That's a fair amount. When you lean on it, the bottom wants to push into the wall, and the top wants to pull out. So your lags are most effective if you can place them as high up as practical. Are you mounting directly onto framing, or through drywall?
SPS-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #4

The vanity is 22" tall. I'll install on to sheet rock and attach through sheet rock in to framing/blocking. If lag bolts with good sized washers is the way to go, any suggestions on length/size of lags? I'm thinking four across the top and four across 3/4 down from the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Floating vanity installation-vanity.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement