Does My Vanity Need A Second Backsplash? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2016, 12:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 12

Does my vanity need a second backsplash?

My contractor installed this vanity. I'm wondering if there should be a backsplash on the left side. As you can see, he left a gap there. I'm assuming this is so that any water that runs to the left will spill to the floor instead of pool up against the drywall.

18burningtrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 7,214

Re: Does my vanity need a second backsplash?

There can be a backsplash (sidesplash ?) on the left. I would say it would look better. But your countertop has contoured edge, and I don't see how the sidesplash is going to work out with that countertop. Was the countertop manufactured and installed separately from the vanity, or was the vanity and countertop (and possibly sink) purchased as all one part number ?

That gap between the wall and the cabinets makes me think that vanity was not intended to be placed against a wall --- more appropriate, for example, in the center of a long wall, with a few feet empty on either side.

Last edited by SPS-1; 04-25-2016 at 07:30 AM.
SPS-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPS-1 For This Useful Post:
JazMan (04-30-2016), oh'mike (04-26-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS-1 View Post
There can be a backsplash (sidesplash ?) on the left. I would say it would look better. But your countertop has contoured edge, and I don't see how the sidesplash is going to work out with that countertop. Was the countertop manufactured and installed separately from the vanity, or was the vanity and countertop (and possibly sink) purchased as all one part number ?
Ya, I saw the contour also and realized that would be an issue. It was purchased as one whole unit (sink, countertop and vanity). In retrospect, I probably should have chosen a different vanity.
18burningtrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 07:55 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,456

Pic is not working for me. Shows an error message that says the pic isn't available.
Mike Hawkinsb
firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkmph View Post
Pic is not working for me. Shows an error message that says the pic isn't available.
Mike Hawkinsb
Not working for me either. And to tell the truth, I have been having the same issue with Photobucket today also. I think I am fixing to kick them to the curb.
MT Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 18

I realize it may be too late, but that vanity is too large for the space it us in. My rule of thumb is to leave at least 6 inches of space next to a vanity (24inch vanity in a 36 inch space). Otherwise you have an inaccessible dirt collecter. If you want to go wall to wall you need a vanitytop where the left and right sides are flat rather than molded. Even with that you will typically end up with fat caulk joints on each side, or will have to get two side splashes to cover the gaps on the sides. I am assuming that this vanity is installed in an alcove, meaning there are walls on two sides and the back.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
jeffmattero76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 748

Yup, wrong style for this location.

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement