Distance Between Glass Enclosed Shower And Free Standing Tub - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SeniorSitizen

Old 03-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 764

Distance between glass enclosed shower and free standing tub

I am installing a separate glass shower and free standing tub. I'm leaning toward using a pre-made shower base to avoid the possibility of leaks.

What do you guys think is the minimum distance between tub edge and shower edge?

I'm looking at installing a 59" tub and a 36" wide shower in usable space of 99". That leaves 4" of space. Some of that will be used by tile installation.

The length of the space is 108" but 9" are eaten up by a air vent column. So 108 - 9 - 59 - 36 = 4". That doesn't include tile on the walls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jaketrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 3,672

Re: Distance between glass enclosed shower and free standing tub

You are going to have a heck of a time cleaning in that space, And it creates a perfect area to have things drop into and get lost in there.

Maybe block it off, or create a small storage cubby with pull out shelving to use it for something.

ED
de-nagorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #3

The top edge to edge would be 59" but the bottom edge to edge (basin length) would be 39.

Good call on cleaning... didn't even think about that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,466

First allow me to say I'm envious of your bath layout. To me it looks great and well thought out.

But being I don't know the details or dimensions of the shower door, I was wondering if there would be any interference between it and the toilet at the 26-1/4" distance. Sometimes those things are easily overlooked and we wouldn't want to see the solution some supposedly incorporate and put in the joke sections of forums.

When that project is in progress and final completion we would sure like for jake to show and tell.

OH, BTW, I'm a much better copier than designer and I'd like to copy that drawing. That's how I passed 3rd grade.
jaketrades likes this.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeniorSitizen For This Useful Post:
jaketrades (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorSitizen View Post
First allow me to say I'm envious of your bath layout. To me it looks great and well thought out.

But being I don't know the details or dimensions of the shower door, I was wondering if there would be any interference between it and the toilet at the 26-1/4" distance. Sometimes those things are easily overlooked and we wouldn't want to see the solution some supposedly incorporate and put in the joke sections of forums.

When that project is in progress and final completion we would sure like for jake to show and tell.

OH, BTW, I'm a much better copier than designer and I'd like to copy that drawing. That's how I passed 3rd grade.

Whoa that's a great point!!! I just started looking at doors and hadn't even considered that.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement