Dishwasher Panel Install @ End Of Island - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Dishwasher Panel Install @ End of Island

So I have been happily installing my new kitchen cabinets and island and have one piece of cabinetry to install for the dishwasher. I have two panels that form an L around where the dishwasher will go.

I will have a slab of granite over the island and dishwasher and the dimensions of the island about 78 x 24.

Is there anything special I should do to install the dishwasher end panels? I assume I can just install a L bracket to secure it to the floor near the front left and and do the same at the back left hand corner. The right hand corner is flush at the end of the sink cabinet and I was just going to use smaller L brackets to attach it to the cabinet there.

Would that be sufficient to anchor to floor or do I need to do/use something else?
tmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Tool Geek

Rewards Points: 2,160

tmex, Welcome to the forum

The open end could get a lot of abuse through the years.
I would try to support it for worst case.
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

So would L brackets do the trick? Or is there some other attachment method I should use?
tmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

L Brackets would work but I would try and use them to hold a 1/2" piece of plywood at the least. As was said that end will be prone to lots of abuse and those end panels are usually just for cosmetics and not exactly strong enough to last.

I suggest using a solid end piece such as plywood then attach the end piece to it. Even a 1/4" piece would offer the added support if the dimensions wont allow for anything deeper.

If you cant add any support then maybe gluing a strip on the bottom to allow the bracket something to bolt to so no fasteners are showing through would be wise. Hope this helps.

Best of luck
Cmudr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement