Custom Rev-A-Shelf Pantry Pullout - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Custom Rev-A-Shelf pantry pullout

I am working with a cabinet maker. My wife wants a system for our pantry door that would emulate the Rev-A-Shelf pullout pantry system. The dimensions are about 22'' deepx51' tall'x8'' wide. Rev-A-Shelf sells this whole kit for $450. We were not looking to spend that kind of money a pantry. The cabinet maker says if he can just find the bracket hardware that he could just custom build the system for us. Is this possible? Can anyone help me figure this out? I am open to alternate ideas too if anyone has any. Thanks.

Link to the pantry pullout page
zzty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
K&B Designer

Rewards Points: 250

$450 in pretty darn inexpensive for what you get there. I don't see how with purchasing the parts separately anyone could build what you are asking about for cheaper than the ensemble price, especially considering the labor to put it together. 450 lb guides aren't cheap! Pantry pull outs have to handle a LOT of weight.

I personally prefer the Hafele-Kesseböhmer system for a pull out pantry insert as they are all metal and are built better. At about twice the cost. But, this is something that gets tremendous use, and it's worth buying top notch hardware for it.
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 17,890

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40090386/
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 100

You might find something like that at leevalley.com. They have a lot of things that are difficult to find at local stores.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement