Concrete Countertops - Are They A Good Idea? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-27-2019, 08:25 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 164

Concrete Countertops - Are they a good idea?

We are remodeling our kitchen and have a contractor who can do concrete countertops. It's a way to save some money from other solid surfaces and I personally like the variance and look of concrete and from what I've seen they still hold up really when sealed properly even if they do require a bit of maintenance like rewaxing or sealing periodically. But my wife is less enthusiastic. She says she's read about them being higher maintenance and being able to stain easily. And that people who like them most like how they get a natural patina over time with use. I'm aware of these potential issues, but once again, I'm under the impression that if sealed properly when made and then waxed periodically you shouldn't have issues very often. Anyone installed them before? What's been your experiences with them? Thanks!
bluegrassliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 164

Re: Concrete Countertops - Are they a good idea?

Oh, and as an idea, I thought maybe if we added some concrete dye that's black it may help them darken a bit, and also help them be more resistant to any staining, or more resistant to showing a stain that is
bluegrassliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2019, 05:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,992

Re: Concrete Countertops - Are they a good idea?

It's concrete so it's just like a driveway or patio made out of concrete with regard to staining and changing color. Personally, I wouldn't have concrete counters but there a lots of people who've done it and love them.
stick\shift is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement