Clear Peeling/chipping From Cabinets - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-18-2018, 05:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14

Clear peeling/chipping from cabinets

Hello,

I noticed some issues where the top clear coat seems to be chipping or peeling from a couple areas on the bottom part of our cabinet uppers. I think this may have been to a coffee pot being underneath them, steam rising up from it. I'm not sure if there's any way to touch up just these pieces without going over the entire cabinet box and both doors.. The place on the cabinet box where it looks to have the worst damage is pretty loose, where I can run my finger over the cracks and the top coat starts to fall off.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Clear peeling/chipping from cabinets-20180218_171630.jpg   Clear peeling/chipping from cabinets-20180218_171626.jpg  
cymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2018, 06:02 AM   #2
retired painter

Rewards Points: 1,426

Re: Clear peeling/chipping from cabinets

You may get by with just sanding and applying poly to individual boards. Once you've sanded lightly, wipe it down with mineral spirits - that will let you know if stain is needed [how it looks before the thinner evaporates]
mark sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement