Best Way - Window Interfering With Simple Tub/shower Kit - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
Lightbulb

Best Way - Window interfering with simple tub/shower kit

Hello,

I am currently remodeling my bathroom and have discovered that a simple tub/shower kit doesn't seem like it will fit because of a window on the one end. Most of the kits are have 30" deep walls. My problem is on the one end a window was installed and is about 27" out, what is the best way to work around this interference? Any help is appreciated
slomka042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #2
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,696

Re: Best Way - Window interfering with simple tub/shower kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomka042 View Post
Hello,

I am currently remodeling my bathroom and have discovered that a simple tub/shower kit doesn't seem like it will fit because of a window on the one end. Most of the kits are have 30" deep walls. My problem is on the one end a window was installed and is about 27" out, what is the best way to work around this interference? Any help is appreciated
Is the 27" to the trim or the actual side of the window.
Have you considered tile instead. The big one would be to move the window.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nealtw For This Useful Post:
slomka042 (10-17-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Thanks Neal! The 27" is basically to the side of the window, i was hoping a smaller trim would help the issue, and i did consider moving the window but with the exterior/interior work i didn't want to tackle that. My father seems to think that the Kohler Choreograph shower walls would be a good fix, and just cut as needed to accommodate the window edge. That kit is a bit pricey and would require a separate tub purchase, but DIY helps save some money.
slomka042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
retired framer

Rewards Points: 18,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomka042 View Post
Thanks Neal! The 27" is basically to the side of the window, i was hoping a smaller trim would help the issue, and i did consider moving the window but with the exterior/interior work i didn't want to tackle that. My father seems to think that the Kohler Choreograph shower walls would be a good fix, and just cut as needed to accommodate the window edge. That kit is a bit pricey and would require a separate tub purchase, but DIY helps save some money.
I have not seen the product but it does look like it would be good for going around the window, maybe trim and dress the window with the same product.
If you are planning on a shower curtain go with the curved rod, it makes the shower feel big but it can be moved inward to protect the window from the water. If you plan for that it should have backing in the wall to attach too.
Nealtw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement