Best Way To Remove This Garden Tub? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-01-2018, 07:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 34

Best way to remove this garden tub?

This is at my lake house, or technically, lake trailer. This huge tub is just so pointless and takes up so much space.

I'm THINKING - rip that wood facade off the front and that will expose framing, and likely some clips holding the tub down?

Does that sound about right?

Thanks for looking.
khigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,890

Re: Best way to remove this garden tub?

Remove the tub and there's going to be a whole lot of extra work that's going to have to be done.
All new floor, wall repairs, replumbing.
There are no clips holding the tub in place, should be able to remove the drain screen and start cutting up the tub with a saws all with a course blade and lift out the sections after cutting any sealant that may have been around the edges.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #3
Peace be with you

Rewards Points: 1,860

Re: Best way to remove this garden tub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khigh View Post
This is at my lake house, or technically, lake trailer. This huge tub is just so pointless and takes up so much space.

I'm THINKING - rip that wood facade off the front and that will expose framing, and likely some clips holding the tub down?

Does that sound about right?

Thanks for looking.
open up potions of base carefully to determine where water and dwv lines are located before blindly cutting tub...

Peace
DR P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement