Bathtub With Wainscot? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Bathtub with wainscot?

I'm totally remodeling my bathroom. This is last bathtub in the house, so I have to keep it, i.e. I cannot convert it to the shower. But, other than that, I'm doing it all myself, so I kind of free to choose anything. My goal is to create maintenance-free (or come as close to that as possible) bathroom.

I noticed that the most issues in the regular bathtub are at the lines where bathtub meets the wall - grout is always a killing there. Meanwhile, it is almost always no issues on the wall (vertical surface) grout. So, I found out that there are bathtubs with an integrated wainscot, which will eliminate the problem altogether. I really like how it is done on the Sterling Ensemble bathtub - this one is an ideal wainscot. Problem is, the tub non-slip floor in this Sterling bathtub is horrible - these extruding pieces requires _permanent_ cleaning.

I really like how floor is done on the Mirolin bathtubs - it _never_ requires cleaning, but, at the same time, it is absolutely non-slip. But, Mirolin has no wainscot at all.

Alas, I was unable to find a bathtub that mixes these best parts together - either one, or another. In addition, tubs descriptions rarely include this (very important) information (actually, this is the only useful info other than size and weight, but who ever listens to the customer, right?), so it was almost impossible to search for these properties.

So, can anybody recommend me bathtub with wainscot as Sterling has and floor as Mirolin has? Does it even exist?

I need alcove tub with size 60x(28-31), don't care about height. Also, I cannot put there a one-piece bath because there is a window right in the big wall.

Thank you!

Last edited by kanonka; 05-10-2017 at 10:05 AM.
kanonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement