Bathroom Vanity, Baseboard, Backsplash Question - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 28

Bathroom Vanity, Baseboard, Backsplash question

I have a bathroom vanity in our master bath and we currently don't have baseboards installed in the bathroom. The vanity sits in a corner and has no backsplash at the moment.

This is the vanity, http://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-B...1vZbza0Z2bctwe.

Prior to doing the backsplash, would I need to install baseboards behind this vanity or simply have it rest against the wall?
FastEddie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 144

You don't want baseboard behind the vanity.Basrboard is cut at each side of the cabinet.
mako1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 242

Stop trim as vanity base

Yep...I agree with Mako1, stop the baseboard at the vanity. I just finished installing a free standing vanity a couple of weeks ago...and that is what I did. The vanity legs / base of the vanity will rest against the wall. No one will see that there isn't any baseboard behind the vanity, and it's much, much easier than cutting your vanity to accommodate the trim.

Ed
Ed911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement