Bathroom Remodel, Stand Alone Tub On Concrete Slab And A Couple Of Other Questions. - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 40

bathroom remodel, stand alone tub on concrete slab and a couple of other questions.

Hi All,
Frequenttime reader , not often poster. I'm starting to remodel and enlarge our master bath. Its in a basement and one a 4" concrete slab.

Have included a few pictures as they probably speak better than words.I have a few questions as below:

1. I'm looking at digging up the concrete and installing 2" pipe from the existing drain to the place where a new tub drain will be, installing a P trap, bringing the 2" pipe up 4 or 5 " and then filling back in with concrete. The instructions for the tub install are as below on the picture, however I'm not too sure if the flexible pipe will be upto code ? (I'm in Stafford VA) and whether i can get a 2' flexible pipe like that ?

The drain and overflow are already installed on the tub when it arrives so my other thought was putting a PVC tail pipe on the bottom of the tub, making sure everything is lined up with the pipe coming out of the concrete, cutting pipes to appropriate length, applying glue and then lowering the tub onto the pipe, only thought on this is it has to be dead on the right height and its permanent! i cant ever get the tub back off for any reason! Im NOT using a free standing faucet as im going to place the tub near to the wall and use a wall mounted faucet.

2. Along the back wall I'm mounting 2 vanities (wall mount off the floor), approx 5ft away from where the existing vanity is (to the left) and have to bring the waste and hot and cold supply pipes along and out of the wall. The back wall has the lower part boxed in as the house foundation is behind it, can i just notch out the 3 or 4 studs and run the waste pipe along and bring it out of the wall ?

Any help, comments and thoughts would be appreciated,
thanks
Si

O with X are existing drains

Fcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement