Bathroom Remodel - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 AM   #1

Bathroom remodel

I have quite a large master and am looking for some ideas. The shower is huge and I am going to replace the glass w/ clear and frameless glass. The problem is there is a huge roman tub right next to it. I cannot afford to take it out; it is also just a bath no jacuzzi so basically a space filler. What on earth can I possibly do with it?

I was thinking of taking the hardware off, covering it and tilting it. Or covering it and building a corner cabinet above it.

Does anyone have any other creative solutions?
Jmoney6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 09:57 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,744

Are you so short of space that you can't just leave the tub there? All you would have to do is vacuum out the dust occasionally. Covering it over with shelving would result in another "look what the previous owner did to my house" threads five years from now.

We have one of those in our MBA, here they are called garden tubs. It gets used maybe a few times a year.
ChuckF. is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 10:53 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 5,348

Turn it into a planter. Fill it with dirt and plant flowers in it.
It will be real easy to water it.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015, 05:05 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2

Building the cabinet over it seems to be a good idea. It will not only look good but it can provide you some space as well. Upload the pictures when you are done with your remodeling.
contractorspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement