Basement Bathroom Dimensions - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 16

Basement bathroom dimensions

My basement is currently separated into a utility/storage room, man cave, mudroom and garage. It would be nice to have a bathroom down there for the kids to use when they are playing on the driveway or for me when I'm outside doing yardwork so we don't trample dirt into the main house.

I currently have an extra unused closet off the mudroom measuring 3'9" x 11'. Is this enough space to put in a toilet and a utility sink? It sits directly below the kitchen sink, so plumbing access should be no problem. It's already framed and has 2 light fixtures. Simple project, no? (for the plumber and carpenter, not me!)

If it can be done, does anyone have any ballpark estimates on pricing? I paid $20k to put in a bathroom in my old house which was carved out of my laundry room. Hopefully this time it won't be that expensive since I don't need a shower and I'm using cheaper fixtures.

Last edited by Parsec; 09-16-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

I can't help you on the price...but a huge factor will be where your sewer line is located relative to the new bath, and if the sink and toilet discharge will have to be pumped up to reach the sewer line, or if a gravity discharge is workable.
RoyalAcresRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 16

I have a septic system. I was thinking the waste needs to be pumped up to feed into where the kitchen sink drains into. The sewage line right above the drop ceiling tile in the closet that I want to convert into a bathroom.
Parsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement