Appreciate Some Feed Back On Proposed M. Bath Renovation. - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 121

appreciate some feed back on proposed m. bath renovation.

little background of this space... built in the late 70's i believe. post tensioned slab on grade. single story hip roof.

dimensions taken from origional blue lines...the dimensions are close to asbuilt plus or minus a few inches as far as i can tell with tape measure.

the existing tub was removed, and we are planning on having a shower drain installed in roughly the same area to accommodate the proposed shower stall. at the moment im not proposing any soaking tub or any tub at all in this space.
is this a mistake for a master bath?

the toilet room is a joke. its microscopic compared to the rest of the space. im proposing to either install an offset flange to move it away form the exterior wall a few inches... or if necessary just relocate the drain all together( seeing as how we are already doing concrete work for the shower stall.).
along with the toilet being moved a skosh, im proposing that the wall be torn out, and in its place a pony wall be built about a foot or so farther out... and that the existing closet be brought INTO the toilet area with some accordion louvered doors.

TLDR:

enough talk though... heres my drawings.
fwiw, software im using is the "Home Designer" package of the Chief Architect software.

this is a VERY crude rendering of the space. just spent an hour or so getting the walls and fixtures and doors positioned for visualization purposes.

this is the proposed lay out.

note the two different sinks... i was just fooling around looking at both of them.

what do you folks think? i couldnt come up with much more than that im proposing there... granted ive not thought on the subject for very long.

am i missing anything? any opportunities for ... what ever? im only interested in keeping the current sink locations... as moving them would be seriously disruptive as the drains are on load bearing walls.
everything else could be moved where ever... though the main sewer lateral runs under that toilet, then turns under the current tub and heads out to the kitchen and then to the street.
i assume i have enough depth to move things where ever i want though...

Last edited by Queequeg152; 08-28-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Queequeg152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement