Water Softener-Flashing LCD And Water In Tank - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 56

Water Softener-Flashing LCD and water in tank

The Water Softener is a Kenmore Ultrasoft 480. We noticed that our water seemed hard and when I check the water softener, the time was flashing and the salt and signal level didn't show the level like they normally do. When I opened the tank, water was about 1/3 of the way up.
We had a brief power outage about a week ago also. I read some where to unplug it for a few mins and then plug it back in. After hitting the select button a few times, everything seemed to be normal again. I pressed and held the recharge button and it started to go though its recharge cycle. But when it was done, the water level in the tank had not changed and was about 1/3 of the way up. I'm guessing something else is also wrong and was looking for advice on what to check next.
One last thing, we had a new hot water heater installed almost 2 months ago also. We have had some pressure problems on both the cold and hot lines since then. Could reduced pressure on the cold line be causing the problems with the water softener? Not sure how a new hot water heater could reduce pressure on the cold line but the problem started shortly after the hot water heater was replaced. Thanks
sprtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement