Venting Basement Laundry Pump - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 85

Venting Basement Laundry Pump

The last connection at the end of this main sewer line is the vent that goes vertical up to the roof. I would like to install a laundry pump below and discharge it up at some point into this line. I'm having difficulty trying to figure out how to vent the unit since access to the vertical vent is not possible without major impacts. Can I vent the pump off of the end of the main line? If not, any ideas how I could vent the unit without major work?
Attached Images

Old College Try is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 777

Are AAV's legal in your area. If not i believe you can run a vent out the side of your house. I would check with your local codes.
ct18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 85

AAV's are legal in my area however since these types of pumps are in sealed units I'm not sure how air would get out of the system as water flows into the basins since aav's are basically one way air valves. I think that for it to properly operate, air would be required to flow both ways. So can anybody verify if it's an absolute no to fend off the end of that main line?
Old College Try is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,928

I would not suggest connecting your laundry pump vent into your sewage vent unless you know for a fact it is 100% air tight. In my area we have you just run it up to the joist and turn it down with 2 90's so stuff cant fall in. Laundry is grey water and as long as you wash clothes weekly it should not stink at all. NO AAV either. Never on any pump. AAV's seal shut on positive pressure and that is what your getting rid of.

Have a great day.

The sump discharge should have a check valve and go to your septic or sewer. It's sealed by the water above the check valve.

Last edited by Ghostmaker; 09-22-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement