Toilet Bowl Rim Jets On The Front Having Water Flow Issue - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lenaitch

Old 11-29-2016, 12:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Toilet bowl rim jets on the front having water flow issue

I have a Glacier Bay 1.28 gpf Elongated toilet that I purchased new from Home Depot and installed myself. The install went through smoothly and nothing appears obviously problematic, the handle chain to the flapper is correctly adjusted and the flapper remains opened through virtually the entire flush. The flush itself appears strong, emptying the bowl quickly.

For w/e reason however, the front rim jets have at best a trickle of water leaking down or no water at all. I rebuilt the bathroom from ground up so I verified the floor was level from all directions, I find no issue with the ceramic flooring after thorough review.

Aside from verifying key points of the toilet I've adjusted inlet valve to allow for more water up to nearly the rim of the overflow tube with no notable change.

Please help.
devilize is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 1,770

Re: Toilet bowl rim jets on the front having water flow issue

As discussed in a similar post currently running, some toilets use the rim jets simply for 'bowl wash', others use them as part of the flushing process. I don't know which one yours is. Since most toilets are cast porcelain, it possible that these jets did not get cast properly or are blocked by casting debris. You could try running some stiff wire in them to see if you can clear them. I have used what I call 'mechanic's wire' which is relatively stiff but small in diameter. I would not use a wire coathanger - to much of both. Be gentle - it is porcelain after all. Remember that they my be at an angle rather than straight holes. If you meet complete resistance, they were probably not cast properly and you are likely out of luck.
SeniorSitizen likes this.
lenaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2016, 09:34 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 242

Re: Toilet bowl rim jets on the front having water flow issue

Sounds like this is a new install. My suggestion is to call the manufacturer and ask them how much rim water is used during the flush cycle...otherwise...all you're going to get here are guesses. Your toilet could be working just like it's supposed to.

If they say that you should be getting good flow from all the rim holes...take it back.

My 1.28 American Standard uses very little rim water and has performed flawlessly for the past two years since being installed...never having to be flushed twice.

Let us know.

Last edited by Ed911; 11-30-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Ed911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement