Tap Connectors? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 34

Tap Connectors?

Hey all, ive got a bit of a question to ask. My friend Ben has told me to get a couple of sink stands. Now my questions are 1. why would i need them and 2. can i get them cheaper? My second question is in relation to this website i have found that sell's them ( https://www.ondemandsupplies.co.uk/p...2-Legs%29.html ). My friend say he will install them aslong as i buy them and i want to know if i can get any cheaper and what there used for (my questions). Any advice about these sink stands and what they are used for exactly is helpful. Thanks for any advice all
Dan Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #2

Re: Tap Connectors?

I cannot believe this. I messed the title up and i truly apologies for that if it confuses anything. We was talking about tap connectors earlier as he installed one for me and it popped into my head as i was typing this. I truly apologies for my "sillyness" and i hope you can accept that. I dont know how to change the title so i am replying to my own thread. Once again sorry for the big fail i have produced O_O.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 06:44 AM   #3

But in the heat of my stupidity i can also say that we did get a tap connector of this website aswell as it seems to sell them too! My friend does all the fittings and that lot and i just purchase the "instruments" he needs. The tap connector he said was perfect and i cannot remember which one it was ( https://www.ondemandsupplies.co.uk/c...ap-Connectors/ ) but he said they was a good price. The only reason why im posting this reply is because i was an idiot. Cannot express how silly i feel. Either way i hope someone can give me some good advice about the sink support thingy before i buy this product too! Sorry everyone for confusing you and as always thanks for the help (if anyone will respond).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 6,694

You must be in EU. In US we call them flexible supply lines. These are standard plumbing hardware items and are competitively priced. You are not going to find them any cheaper than your local hardware store or building supply.
Tap connectors or flexible supply lines come in different lengths. There tap connectors for faucets (taps) and tap connectors for toilets. You can even get them for dishwashers and clothes washers.
Only tool need should be an adjustable wrench.

Last edited by hkstroud; 08-04-2016 at 09:35 AM.
hkstroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:36 AM   #5

Oh wow, thanks for the quick reply hkstroud. Appreciate you informing me and i'll take a look at what they have in store at my local hardware store.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #6

Some versions don't require any tools to install. Connections are simply tightened by hand.
The sink support brackets and legs may be unique to the sink you have and should be available at the place you purchased the sink.

Last edited by hkstroud; 08-04-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #7

Ok hkstroud, whilst heading to the local hardware store i'll ask my girlfriend if she can remember were we bought the sink and i'll head there. Thanks for yet again another helpful reply and now i should be able to save a little more money. *whispers : and spend that money having a pint* . Thanks again for your help.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 2

Well, my brother and I have learned to take the connector in the major plumbing stores. there and help, if you do not know. see what you need here. Most likely you will find the right
Anna Bul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #9

Ok, thanks anna for the reply. Hkstroud i went to the sink store were we got the original sink from and they gave me the right one. They fit it for me aswell and its all fixed. Appreciate the multiple replys and the good information given
Old 08-09-2016, 06:53 AM   #10

You are welcome. Good luck with your project.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #11

Thanks hk, im sure it will go swimmingly haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement