Richmond Hot Water Heater - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Richmond Hot Water Heater

Hello..I have a Richmond Hot Water Heater Model# 6E550-2. Earlier this week I had to shut the main water off to my home to replace a PVC pipe that snapped into. When I cut the main water supply back on I checked for any leaks, etc..cut my tank back on, now I have no hot water pressure !! It's been 3 days now and I still don't have any pressure. I have washed several loads of clothes..washed dishes, etc...what can I do? One plumber told me to give it time for the pressure to build back up..what pressure..my cold water has lots of pressure.. If someone can please tell me what to do..I will really appreciate any advise..
DebClark/SC
DebClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2015, 06:55 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 9,238

Moved to Plumbing forum.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2015, 08:53 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebClark View Post
Hello..I have a Richmond Hot Water Heater Model# 6E550-2. Earlier this week I had to shut the main water off to my home to replace a PVC pipe that snapped into. When I cut the main water supply back on I checked for any leaks, etc..cut my tank back on, now I have no hot water pressure !! It's been 3 days now and I still don't have any pressure. I have washed several loads of clothes..washed dishes, etc...what can I do? One plumber told me to give it time for the pressure to build back up..what pressure..my cold water has lots of pressure.. If someone can please tell me what to do..I will really appreciate any advise..
DebClark/SC

The valve you used to turn it back on, was it an old gate valve (wheel type handle) or is it a ball valve (lever type handle). Post a picture of your wh set-up. Thanks.

Sometimes those old gate valve types get stuck. You think it's all the way open, but it's really not.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmon For This Useful Post:
Ghostmaker (12-12-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 3,286

Your water heater might have heat traps in the inlet and outlet up top (they look like ordinary nipples).

These can clog with sediment notably after you do some work on the plumbing system.
Ghostmaker (12-12-2015), throrope (12-13-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement