Reverse Osmosis / 7 Stage Filters / Replacement. ?? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 262

Reverse Osmosis / 7 Stage Filters / Replacement. ??

Looking for Thoughts / Opinions ?? Into our 5th Year with our Present Water Filtering System.. Heavy Duty Water Softener using the Rust Remover Salt.. We have a UV Light as well.. And 7 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filtering system tied into the Cold Water @ the Kitchen Sink.. Dec. 2011 @ time of Instillation for the RO Filters , we were told the 3 main filters were to be changed out once a year , which we have done to date.. And in the 5th year all 7 Filters would have to be changed out together.. We had a Tech come early , according to his TDS Meter from water taken directly from the Kitchen Cold Water Tap he got a reading of (#9) I don't know where exactly that is on the scale or the definition of that Reading ?? He told us the Reading tells him, Not Necessary to change the Filters (All) are fine for now , maybe by Summer they'll have to be Changed.. Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
NorPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 80

Re: Reverse Osmosis / 7 Stage Filters / Replacement. ??

I don't know anything about the scale index. However, I assume that you got the system because of the taste, smell, colour, etc qualities of your water. You'd be the ultimate judge on that line. Are you still happy with the system?

Cheers!
supers05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #3
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 12,400

Who and what manufacturer? I am looking to re-plumb our system as well.
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2016, 09:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supers05 View Post
I don't know anything about the scale index. However, I assume that you got the system because of the taste, smell, colour, etc qualities of your water. You'd be the ultimate judge on that line. Are you still happy with the system?

Cheers!
Been in our Present Home going 9 years now , Hardness & Iron Content are part of the Neighborhood Landscape.. In the Beginning the House came with a Rental Potasium Water Treatment system from Culligan, just a total Cluster (Beep) even after it was discovered the unit was malfunctioning it still couldn't combat the Rust Colored Ring in the Toilet Bowl and streak down the Bath Tub..

Our Present setup (Owned Not Rented)prior to Changing we had the UV Light installed.. Everything is a 100% Better.. I'm curious is all about the Timing of Filter Changing , being told were good till maybe next Summer is all ?? With our previous setup and being a Rental, never the same Tech to make Service Call consquently never the same opinion or answer to why unit is malfunctioning ..
Old 11-05-2016, 09:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows on Wash View Post
Who and what manufacturer? I am looking to re-plumb our system as well.

The Unit came from a Supplier in Southern Ontario, an Independant Agent just took over Servicing Locally.. So maybe again Sourcing Equipment & Parts elsewhere now .. Just Saying..

As I said Hardness & Iron Content are the Issue.. A Heavy Duty Water Softener that requires the Rust Remover Salt (Marked as Such) ie: Windsor Salt with a Resin Applicator.. We bought the 7 Stage Reverse Osmosis filtering system, but We probably could have gotten by with just a 3 Cartridge Filtering System..

So Far all has been good , No Rust Colored Rings on the Toilet Bowl or Bathtub.. The Local Provincial Health Office is close by so we do take their Test Bottles for collecting samples on a regular bases about every 4 months.. Has always come back 0/0..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement