Removing Old Drain And Installing Garbage Disposal - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

removing old drain and installing garbage disposal

Hi all, thx again for the help w/ the ejection pump

altho since I installed it, at random times it runs and pumps water out, I wonder if my check valve is bad? I bought a new PVC sewage check valve but havent swapped it out yet, on the to-do list for this weekend

anyway, i have the attached pic here of current drain / setup. i looked at a few videos online and most drains seems to have a locking screw nut, i dont see that here? what would be the best way to get the old drain off and how much pressure do i have to use to pop the old one out that I assume has plumbers putty on it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wcosnsho0cd7val/photo-3.JPG

once I get the disposal drain and the disposal actually mounted, from the basic knowledge I have it looks like I should just be able to loosen and swivel the trap to align with the new outlet of the GD

I havent opened the box yet but I would imagine it would look like the pic on amazon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

what would I have to get, just a 1 1/2" straight pipe, plus a few washers, and whatever you use to compress the washer onto the pipe / pvc (i dont know the lingo for it)

let me know
enigma91884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,130

Yeah, most disposals look something like that Amazon picture. If you have a dishwasher, its drain goes to the smaller connection on the disposal. That connection is more than likely plugged, so you'll have to knock the plug out if a dishwasher is to be connected.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

ok, great, thanks, this seems easy -- almost too easy, lol
enigma91884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement