Power Vent Water Heater Making Noise - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-27-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Lord of Slums

Rewards Points: 1,974

Power vent water heater making noise

I had a Bradford white power vented water heater put in a few months ago. It seems that the power fan is making a noise throughout the house. When I stand right next to the heater the fan sounds fine. But it makes this whirling noise through the house. I do not want my plumber thinking I am a nut case. It is somewhat annoying. Should those blowers be silent?
Anyone know how warranties work? I paid him to install the heater, he supplied the heater.
mj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,430

Yes they can be noisy. Check and make sure that nothing is obstructing the vent. No screens. bugs, critters, etc. Just a suggestion.

Explain to him whats going on and have him come out and make sure everything is working correctly. It's possible it could have went bad. Not likely though. At only 3 months old, I'm sure it's still under warranty if needed.

Others will be along with more suggestions.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement