Old Kohler Tub Overflow Conversion - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,274

old Kohler tub overflow conversion

2 older Kohler tubs, probably both cast iron. One has bigger diameter pop up drain cover. This is lifted by a rocker that is pushed down by a spring barrel in the overflow tube. I assume I have to find Kohler parts for this?
The other tub looks like more common drain with solid barrel that closes and opens over the drain tee - this is what I prefer.
So, are Kohler drain assemblys universally replaceable? Esp the tub that uses the rocker, is it possible to replace that with drain that uses the solid barrel? If possible, I want to use another brand.

That is question 2: brand and supply website recommendation? Delta, Moen, chinese brand(?), that is chromed brass for outside parts and real cast brass and thicker brass tube parts?

Question 3: So, if I have choice, should I stay with traditional drain or change to cable operated or toe operated drain cover? If cable operated, does it need access for repair/replace? If toe operated, is it universally replaceable?

Thank you in advance.
carpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement