Need Quick Advice On Sewer Tree Root Problem--Copper To PVC Pipe Ok? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Display Modes
Old 08-04-2016, 02:21 PM   #16
Member
 
hkstroud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,351
Rewards Points: 6,684
Default

Re: Need Quick Advice on Sewer Tree Root Problem--Copper to PVC pipe ok?


Quote:
Originally Posted by missy. View Post
So I will probably decide something soon as I am also tired of being without a second toilet.
Your last post is very encouraging, your misunderstanding and not some unorthodox plumbing work.

Could you explain the above statement.
hkstroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2016, 05:04 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,658
Rewards Points: 1,862
Default

Re: Need Quick Advice on Sewer Tree Root Problem--Copper to PVC pipe ok?


Please make sure the person you use has a state plumbing license. His suggestion's sound subpar for plumbing. Call your local building department and see if the company is registered to work.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2016, 06:07 PM   #18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 9
Rewards Points: 18
Default

Re: Need Quick Advice on Sewer Tree Root Problem--Copper to PVC pipe ok?


Quote:
Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
Your last post is very encouraging, your misunderstanding and not some unorthodox plumbing work.

Could you explain the above statement.
Yes, it was my misunderstanding. That's what I get for being a layperson who knows nothing about plumbing!

He is throwing in a toilet rebuild that I have needed for awhile (I have done a rebuild before, but for me -- since I am not exactly the strongest person -- it was a real pain to do) and so I have been without my second toilet.
missy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 9
Rewards Points: 18
Default

Re: Need Quick Advice on Sewer Tree Root Problem--Copper to PVC pipe ok?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostmaker View Post
Please make sure the person you use has a state plumbing license. His suggestion's sound subpar for plumbing. Call your local building department and see if the company is registered to work.
Hey Ghostmaker, you may have missed the post I made before your last post. I have checked, and he does have a license through the Florida Department of Professional Regulations. He is a licensed plumbing contractor. The license is in good standing. There are no complaints attached to it.

Also you may have missed where I stated that it was I, the homeowner, who was confused about the nature of the work. He is not planning to mix copper connectors with PVC pipe and never was. It will be all sch 40 PVC. My error.
missy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,658
Rewards Points: 1,862
Default

Re: Need Quick Advice on Sewer Tree Root Problem--Copper to PVC pipe ok?


Quote:
Originally Posted by missy. View Post
Hey Ghostmaker, you may have missed the post I made before your last post. I have checked, and he does have a license through the Florida Department of Professional Regulations. He is a licensed plumbing contractor. The license is in good standing. There are no complaints attached to it.

Also you may have missed where I stated that it was I, the homeowner, who was confused about the nature of the work. He is not planning to mix copper connectors with PVC pipe and never was. It will be all sch 40 PVC. My error.

Just concerned about your well being good luck with the job.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
copper , pvc , roots , sewer , tree


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which kind of pipe...What size? maddog1 Plumbing 25 08-24-2015 06:13 PM
copper split ring pipe hangers Perry401 Plumbing 1 08-05-2015 11:36 PM
Sewer Back Up/ Pipe Relining Question newbinca Plumbing 9 05-10-2013 12:23 PM
How to Estimate Water Flow Rate in Copper Pipe arskiracer Plumbing 12 04-15-2013 08:50 PM
Question about copper pipe agroom Plumbing 3 10-27-2011 02:18 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts