Need Help With Whole House Filter For Well Water - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 16

Need help with whole house filter for well water

We recently purchase a new (used) home in the mountains of Colorado. We are on a well.

We are experiencing issues with water quality. The well test before we purchased showed the water to be potable with nothing harmful in it, but it looks like chicken broth and has a mineral smell to it. The smell is actually pleasant, like a nice mineral water bath None the less, I do not like cooking or making coffee with it as the smell comes through in the taste. The chicken broth look is a little off putting too.

There is currently a standard looking cartridge filter after the pressure tank and another between the well pump and pressure tank. I have replaced both of the filter cartridges, which looked fairly clean, still the same chicken broth water. I am guessing the particles/sediment in my water are too fine for the filters I have? Suggestions for a capable filter system without breaking the bank?

I was thinking about trying one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045LQTNC...I1FGFUZ0YBXW1T and using a Rusco Spin Down filter in front of it. Any idea if this would help with chicken broth water?
CreepyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement