Maximum Unit Loading Of Drainage Piping - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Maximum Unit Loading of Drainage Piping

I have a UPC question regarding DWV pipe size. It is unclear the exception to Table 7-5 Maximum Unit Loading and Maximum Length of Drainage and Vent Piping for 3" pipe has a vertical FU of 48 with a foot note. 4 Only four (4) water closets or six-unit traps allowed on any vertical pipe or stack; and not to exceed three (3) water closets or six-unit traps on any horizontal branch or drain.
I understand the water closet part but not sure of the 6 unit traps? Is is saying max of (4) six-unit traps ( like in public), or a max of 6 units?

I live in California so the UPC is the correct code I have a bathroom and Kitchen sink on 3" vertical pipe.

In addition, can some one explain "horizontal offset" ? Is that a pipe that is running horizontally or vertically?

Last edited by cruiser2000; 03-02-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typos, addition and editor problem
cruiser2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dwv size upc