Loose Kitchen Faucet - Single Spout Moen - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Loose Kitchen Faucet - Single Spout Moen

I recently moved into a new (for us) home. The kitchen sink has a single handle, pull out spout Moen faucet installed. I am not 100% sure of the model number but after a review of the Moen site it appears to be in the 7560 family of faucets.

The faucet itself is loose to the point that when we attempt to aim it from one sink to the other the baseplate spins and it wobbles slightly. I've gotten under the sink to tighten the nut that holds the faucet in place but in order to get it tightened to the point the faucet baseplate doesn't spin I have to tighten it to the point where the faucet itself will not rotate between sinks. The more I tighten it at the bottom the more it seems to bind the faucet from swivelling.

Is there a step I'm missing or is there another problem that needs to be addressed?
Klammern is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,932

Probably not installed correctly.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammern View Post
I recently moved into a new (for us) home. The kitchen sink has a single handle, pull out spout Moen faucet installed. I am not 100% sure of the model number but after a review of the Moen site it appears to be in the 7560 family of faucets.

The faucet itself is loose to the point that when we attempt to aim it from one sink to the other the baseplate spins and it wobbles slightly. I've gotten under the sink to tighten the nut that holds the faucet in place but in order to get it tightened to the point the faucet baseplate doesn't spin I have to tighten it to the point where the faucet itself will not rotate between sinks. The more I tighten it at the bottom the more it seems to bind the faucet from swivelling.

Is there a step I'm missing or is there another problem that needs to be addressed?
sounds like it is missing a gasket ...I would take it off and reinstall it ...see if you can get an installation guide online... pdf adobe file on faucet open it ..
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
loose , moen , single spout