Kitchen Faucet Aerator Question - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,512

Kitchen faucet aerator question

So as followup to my http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/milky-...-water-404721/ issue, I cleaned out my faucet aerator.

It was pretty clean, but I found that there were three metals screens in there. Is multiple screens in the aerator a common feature?

This is a very nice pull-down faucet that I received as a gift, but it is made in China and there are no instructions or specs about the aerator.

Thoughts?
ZZZZZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 07:39 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,328

Re: Kitchen faucet aerator question

Last time I looked almost everything was made in china. What's the brand? Even made in china the brand should be calling the specs. If multiple screens, maybe a cheap way of breaking up the flow instead of using the usual plastic things.
I just replaced the kitchen faucet, american standard goose neck pull down. I removed the restrictor, gone in a trash, and wish I hadn't. House pressure isn't that high.
carpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 08:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpdad View Post
Last time I looked almost everything was made in china. What's the brand? Even made in china the brand should be calling the specs. If multiple screens, maybe a cheap way of breaking up the flow instead of using the usual plastic things.
I just replaced the kitchen faucet, american standard goose neck pull down. I removed the restrictor, gone in a trash, and wish I hadn't. House pressure isn't that high.
Hardware House brand. Don't know if my sister bought it at Houzz, but here it is.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/8428634/...itchen-faucets

Last edited by ZZZZZ; 06-16-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,412

Yes ZZZZZ, some faucet aerators have multiple screens. I have found as many as three (3) screens in one aerator. I have also noticed that the screens are put together on a 45 degree pattern. The second one goes 45 degrees to the first and the third goes 45 to the second which puts the third the same as the first one. Must have something to do with aerating the water.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thurman For This Useful Post:
ZZZZZ (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Yes ZZZZZ, some faucet aerators have multiple screens. I have found as many as three (3) screens in one aerator. I have also noticed that the screens are put together on a 45 degree pattern. The second one goes 45 degrees to the first and the third goes 45 to the second which puts the third the same as the first one. Must have something to do with aerating the water.
Thanks, I didn't notice the alignment of the screens when I took it apart, as I kind of fumbled the pieces when I opened it up. I will take it apart again and line up the screens as you suggest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement