Help Moving Washer To Different Spot In House - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 12

Help moving washer to different spot in house

Trying to move the clothes washer from the living room closet to the utility room. From what I see the living room closet has the drain in the wall.
If I move the washer to the utility room I can get water from the backyard faucet on the wall of the house. But what are my options for a drain.. I dont think tearing up concrete is a option. Can I pipe the water back in the attic and back down in the drain in the living room closet drain ?

The reason I got this idea was because there is a pump type product that will shoot the water 14 feet high through pvc and then 24 sideways to get the water back to the drain?

Does this sound possible ??
aeilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 6,592

Research gray water systems to determine if that's a possibility for your area and pump the water out through the same wall the supply enters through.
SeniorSitizen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 1,312

Quote:
to the utility room
Ayuh,.... Yer sayin' yer utility room has no drains,..??

The nearest drain is 24' away,..??
Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
Ayuh,.... Yer sayin' yer utility room has no drains,..??

The nearest drain is 24' away,..??
I just bought this house,
Yes very odd, there is a fold out closet in the living room with washer dryer hookup and a drain and dryer vent. The utility room has a 220 hookup that is it. Only drains I think are sink, that closet and bathroom which is acrosss the house.

I dont think the closet is 24 feet from utility but one those pumps I saw will go up to 24 across. and 14 feet high.

Last edited by aeilers; 01-28-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: adding
Old 01-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #5

the washer dryer hookups in the living room folding door closet... The utility room off the kitchen is empty. 220 hookup thats it.. my goal is to move the water heater and the washer dryer in this utility room. I can get water in from the fauset on the back walll of the house.. i just dont have a drain for the washer. I was thinking to run the water from the washer back in the attic then across to the closet in the living room and down into the drain in the wall.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeilers View Post
I just bought this house,
Yes very odd, there is a fold out closet in the living room with washer dryer hookup and a drain and dryer vent. The utility room has a 220 hookup that is it. Only drains I think are sink, that closet and bathroom which is acrosss the house.

I dont think the closet is 24 feet from utility but one those pumps I saw will go up to 24 across. and 14 feet high.

the washer dryer hookups in the living room folding door closet... The utility room off the kitchen is empty. 220 hookup thats it.. my goal is to move the water heater and the washer dryer in this utility room. I can get water in from the fauset on the back walll of the house.. i just dont have a drain for the washer. I was thinking to run the water from the washer back in the attic then across to the closet in the living room and down into the drain in the wall.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,220

if the utility room backs up to the bathroom, just open the wall and tap into a 2 inch drain or the stack with a y fitting for a drain....is it an electric water heater? how are you going to hook the hot water back into the house piping?
WhatRnsdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtRnsdownhill View Post
if the utility room backs up to the bathroom, just open the wall and tap into a 2 inch drain or the stack with a y fitting for a drain....is it an electric water heater? how are you going to hook the hot water back into the house piping?

Bathroom is on the other side of house from utility room.... closest to the utility is the kitchen sink

yes its electric

I guess I will be missing the hot cause its in the living room closet eh?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeilers View Post
Bathroom is on the other side of house from utility room.... closest to the utility is the kitchen sink

yes its electric

I guess I will be missing the hot cause its in the living room closet eh?
Ayuh,.... You said yer movin' the heater, with the washer,...
Quote:
my goal is to move the water heater and the washer dryer in this utility room.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
Ayuh,.... You said yer movin' the heater, with the washer,...
Yes Currently the washer dryer and the water heather are all in the living room closet... I want to relocate all 3 to utility room
Old 01-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #11

Quote:
But what are my options for a drain.. I dont think tearing up concrete is a option. Can I pipe the water back in the attic and back down in the drain in the living room closet drain ?
Ayuh,.... Without Knowin' the lay-out of yer house, 'n it's plumbin', it's tough to give good solid answers,....

I've never had to really deal with a slab on grade house,....
We have foundations where I've lived,....

Anyway,...
Pumpin' waste Up, is not my 1st choice, 'n over the ceilin', I guess would be Ok, so long as there ain't a leak,...
If it's what ya gotta do, find out what codes ya gotta meet, 'n Go for it,.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement