Does Scaleblaster Water Treatment Work? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 12

Does Scaleblaster Water Treatment Work?

I have hard water (20 grains) and need facts on whether "Scaleblaster" water treatment will actually prevent scale and reduce existing scale in our piping & fixtures. Will soap lather better & will the water feel softer? The advertisements promise wonderful results but I am skeptical. I do not want to use this device if it doesn't work & will just go with a traditional salt-based softener. Anyone have any real proof (studies etc) that could help me decide? Thanks in advance.
gabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,432

I don't know of any studies or have any proof that scaleblaster water treatment really works. Maybe someone else has tried it and can let you know first hand.

Additionally, you are lucky because there are a couple of water treatment techs that frequent this forum often and may be able to give you some advice/suggestions before you buy it.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Rewards Points: 31,940

Even the device does not claim to remove calcium. It only claims to "causes them to lose their adhesive properties." So it will have no effect on your soap suds like a water softener will.

Another scam if ask me.
joed is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,932

First of all there is no magnetic, electromagnetic, catalytic, electrostatic water conditioner that will soften water. There are several manufacturers of these water conditioners that make that claim and other claims that are false. If one of these water conditioners are sold as a water softener people obviously will expect it to soften the water which it will not. As far as controlling scale and corrosion in water using vessels and related piping yes some of them work very well in doing that. Our product we manufacture is a permanent magnetic water conditioner that very effectively controls scale and corrosion in applications for residential, commercial and industrial. We have been manufacturing this product since 1964 and about 15 years ago started marketing it to the residential market and have found that homeowners are very pleased with it so long as they know up front what it will do and what it will not do. If homeowners do not like the feel of soft water they will be pleased with our product. However if they like the feel of the water that softened water provides then they will not be pleased with our product.

http://forums.watertechonline.com/fo...netic-descaler
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #5

Need Documented Proof (Scaleblaster, Easy Water, Etc)

I have read many claims regarding electronic, magnetic (Scale Blaster; Easy Water, etc) water treatment technologies and remain skeptical that they really do remove scale and/or soften water. Before I commit to installing one I want to see documented before and after studies proving that they really do work. If they don't soften water but do remove existing scale and prevent new formations, that's OK. But I still want to see the proof in documented, controlled studies. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #6

The truth is they do not soften water.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #7

Scale Elimination

As mentioned, it's OK if the water isn't softened. But I want to be sure the scale problem would be eliminated and need to see documented proof. If I see well documented studies that confirm that scale would be eliminated, I would probably install one.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #8

"The federal department of Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada research study by Dr. H. Gesser5 described a catalytic unit as a fraud that does not work and cannot work.In a research commissioned and published by WQA, Gruber1 found that there was no change in the physical and/or chemical properties of water treated with permanent magnetic devices and AIIeman2found that none of the six permanent magnetic water conditioners tested were able to uniformly affect astatistically, verifiable, beneficial change in the assayed physical or chemical qualities of the applied water or its related scaling characteristics."

In other words stick to proven methods.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #9

Scale Elimination

I have read numerous threads on this site, from 2008 thru 2010 where several people asked to see proof that electromagnetic type de-scalers work, but couldn't find any positive responses.

Apparently I need to stick with proven methods, which as far as I know are the salt-based systems. Is that what your last post recommends?

T be clear, I am not a professional in water treatment, just a homeowner looking for a proven system to descale my hard water. I thus would be glad to see some research studies of proven technology to accomplish this (other than salt-based systems) if such exists.

Thanks very much to everyone for the help in solving my problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement