Delta Monitior 14 Series Shower Handle Falling Off - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tjonzun

Old 05-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Delta Monitior 14 Series Shower Handle falling off

I installed the Delta T14299-BL shower trim and installed it with the valve that was the correct match. Last step...should be the easiest....installing the shower handle with the little set screw. Problem though...the set screw contacts the valve shaft at the very end, which causes the screw to slip off of the end and the handle to come off. I have tightened it pretty well, but I am worried that doing so is just making the problem worse by disfiguring the valve shaft.

I have checked to ensure that the sleeve is fully pressed against the valve, it is. This is not an issue with the hardware not being pressed into place far enough. Are there any tips to getting a Delta shower handle set screw to hold the handle in place? The design of this handle seems terrible. The set screw is designed to make contact at an angle and at a bottom end of the valve shaft. This is a heavy shower handle, and it has barely any connection.

Btw...the Delta instructions might be the worst instructions I have ever seen to anything in my life.

Last edited by tjonzun; 05-05-2018 at 04:26 PM.
tjonzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4

Re: Delta Monitior 14 Series Shower Handle falling off

Well, figured out the problem. The trim kit came with the wrong valve. Took watching some videos to realize that the valve I had was for a 17 series and my trim is a 14 series.
joecaption likes this.
tjonzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement