Colloidal Clay In Well Water. - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Colloidal Clay in well water.

Hello everyone. I was reading an old thread regarding colloidal clay in well water. Since it was about 6 years old I figured I would start a new one. Has anyone had this problem and if so were you able to rectify it? If so can you tell me what you did. Thanks in advance
zeekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,456

I can't really help you out, just have a couple more questions; How old is the well, and has it ever been inspected? When was the last time water was tested and results? Do you have any water treatment systems installed at this time? Thanks.

You're lucky, there are a couple great water treatment techs that frequent this forum, please wait for one of them to respond or someone who has dealt with the problem. Thanks.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 4

Sorry forgot about this post. This is regarding a house may purchase. Well is 10 years old. Well was inspected by a local well guy. It tested fine withe the exception of a turbidity level of 85 ( water test people assume its colloidal clay ), iron at .85 and PH is at 9.1. There was an alum injection system in place. Also I believe there was a chlorine injector, sediment filter. There still are (2) 125 gallon settling tanks. I have researched and know pretty much what the equipment mentioned does.

The well fellow that came to inspect the well said there is a system made by or called Evolve that can filter the colloidal clay. Its not a alum injection system Filter has small enough pore size to filter the clay out. It does back wash 2 times per day. He said filters need to be replaced every 3 -5 years at a cost of ~ $1200. This seems easier that messing with chemicals. Initial cost of system is ~ $7600.

I have found similar systems on the internet for significantly less $ ( not the brand though ) . I would rather deal with a local guy because of service.
zeekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement