Changing Out Water Lines - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

Changing out water lines

Good Morning,

I have a 100+ year-old home that has had multiple sets of hands on its plumbing over the years. I want to upgrade it all to PEX (HOMERUN) this summer. I've been looking online and multiple threads on this forum for ideas. I have a few questions tho.

This is what I currently have. I also have a picture of what I think I need so far.

http://imgur.com/a/to9g9

I want to clean that all up and put it what's required (or recommended). I see that normally pressure tanks have tees on them with pressure release valves, pressure gauges and a outlet(spigot).

My final goal would be to have from my well pump to every fixture new. 3/4 inch pex from well pump to pressure tank (with replaced tee). 3/4 inch from pressure tank to new water softner + hard water manifold for outside spigots. 3/4 inch from water softener to cold water manifold and hot water heater. 3/4 inch from water heater to hot water manifold. 1/2 lines from cold/hot water manifolds to each fixture in home.

1. Can I replace the line from my well pump to my pressure tank 3/4 inch pex?
2. I see people with nice drawings/layouts of their homes. Is there a recommended program/app for that?
3. My water heater is 10+ feet away in my other room. Would this be a good time to move things closer? Does it have any advantages?
4. Have a Culligan MRK 89 want to replace with https://goo.gl/OVVXYk Morton 34,000 grain Model Number: M340012. Any recommendations for or against? My Culligan Softener is constantly draining and culligan told me it would be 100+ to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

If you need any more or less info let me know.

Last edited by louisdepre; 04-05-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Updated Links to fix
louisdepre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 144

Re: Changing out water lines

1- City boy here so I can't really talk about the well arrangement. However, going by logics, if your pump doesn't go above 120PSI (I hardly believe it would) then PEX would be no problem.

3- Other than getting it tidy, I don't see why...

4-Seems like a no brainer to get a new one.
GASCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
diy , pex , plumbing