Changing Faucet Cartridge Help - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 28

Changing Faucet Cartridge Help

I have a JADO single lever faucet. Need to change out the cartridge.
I had done it once before when it was newer, and it seemed to be easier to remove the cartridge retaining brass nut. Probably because of water mineral buildup and such. The difficulty is that the nut is set slightly lower than the top of the cartridge cavity. I believe that I used a smooth face channel locks before with no problem. This time it is little more difficult, and I slightly rounded the top of the nut in the process. I am wondering whether I can get a deep socket plug on top of that. I am trying to figure out what size it is. I am guessing a 21mm, as it is metric. Anybody have an idea? I don't have anything to measure it with. By the way, is it difficult to get these replacement nuts? Or do I have to go back to the company to get it? If so, they claim that it is not a replaceable part!
Hoshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement