Camping Portable Running Water Sink - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 40

Camping Portable running water sink

So I'm in the process of adding a little sink to my camp kitchen. I saw a hack that someone did to theirs and I wanted to try it.

On the right it seems like a hose attachment if there is running water available. The left side is for a foot pump.

I'm not sure what the two attachments are that are shown on the left side (The black & white). I know a siphon hose gets connected to that black piece. Before I go into Home depot completely lost, I wanted to see if I can get some information.

beh162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
Plumber

Rewards Points: 290

I think you've got a white plastic 1/2" iron pipe coupling.
And a black plastic 1/2" male by barbed adapter. The 90 should also be available as a regular- straight pattern adapter if it would work better than a 90.
You might also find a 1/2" female iron pipe by barbed adapter. This would eliminate the coupling.
As for the size of the barb end- get it to fit the pump size
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #3

Got everything but believe it or not the hardest part for me was the hose adapter. I'm thinking I need a 1/2 female to hose adapter? Which hoses are 3/4? Is that in the plumbing department or elsewhere. I couldn't find a worker to assist (Hard to believe) and I had to leave the store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Plumber

Rewards Points: 290

You want 1/2" female iron pipe x garden hose adapter (1/2" FIPxGH)
Either the plumbing section or garden section- good luck
Old 06-30-2015, 05:43 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 6,652

Personally I would get a Y hose connector, so you can switch between foot or pumped water. Especially if you are going to use heated water on the left side. You just have to remember to close one side when using the other. Otherwise you are going to be pulling from both if you use the foot pump.

Now if you are really good. You could just let it be gravity fed, and use a Solar heater to heat up water. The other would be to just use a vehicle battery to run the pump, that you can use a Solar trickle charger to keep charged.

Many ways to do it. You just need to pick one.

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

It's not heated. The cold water would be the hose side and the hot would be the foot pump so depending on what the camp site offers you would turn the appropriate knob.

I would love to do the gravity fed but I'm not entirely sure what I would need to create that
The Following User Says Thank You to beh162 For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (06-30-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement