DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Building a frame for a slimline shower tray

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Johnson786 
#1 ·
Hi Folk's

I have recently purchased a D shape shower enclosure (900 x 770) and tray. The tray is very slip measuring 5cm in depth. Due to it being so thin I would like to place it slightly higher so that I can achieve a good gradient for the waste. I can't find an easyplumbs system for the tray as it has no capacity for the fittings etc, hence why I want to build a frame.

Please can anyone advise how I can build this frame or if it's a good idea or not??

Many thanks
Johnson786 :eek:

#3 ·
Oh-Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I see that your from the US. In the UK Easyplumb shower kits allow for the tray/pan to be raised via small legs and then hidden by a plinth, thus allowing for easy access to pipework if the need ever occurred (My apologies if you already know this). I can't find one for a D shape enclosure, so will have to go and make a small deck for the enclosure to sit on. Its the first time that I will be taking on this type of task.
Like to hear from you soon and any advice is greatly appreciated.
Johnson786

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.