Bathroom Faucet Stream Too Loud/fast - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmon

Old 11-14-2017, 09:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 104

Bathroom faucet stream too loud/fast

Hi there,

I recently had a double sink installed and have noticed that the streams coming out of the faucets are very loud and fast.

My expectation was that when the handle is only slightly pulled up, it would be a light/quiet stream that gets progressively faster as the handle is pulled further up. However, it only seems to go to a fast stream when slightly pulled up.

As well, from the off position to about just past the midway point the faucet also makes a loud "sshhhh" noise along with the water. It only stops once the handle is pulled almost all the way up.

Is there a way that I can get a lighter stream of water aligned with the handle position? And also stop the "sshhh" noise? Neither issue changes if I vary the water temperature.

The faucet brand is Riobel, this model: https://riobel.ca/en/products/FRS01/#space=2&group=4

I've also recorded a video to try and demonstrate the effect. Not sure it fully captures the sound though: https://streamable.com/99p4l

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

- H
handeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,458

Re: Bathroom faucet stream too loud/fast

Sounds and looks normal to me, imo.

I don't have any knowledge of riobel bathroom faucets. A quick call to the manufacture will verify if this is normal.

Only thing I can suggest is measure your incoming water pressure. Normal reading is 55-60 psi.

If higher than 80 psi the water pressure should be addressed with a pressure reducing valve. If one is currently installed, it may have failed, and needs replacing or needs cleaning, or adjusting. Just a suggestion.
joecaption likes this.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
faucet , loud , noise , stream , water