Additional Bathroom Drain Pipe - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-06-2016, 02:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Additional bathroom drain pipe

Hi, I have like an additional storage/room that is detach from my house. It is a good 100 feet or so away from my home. Now I want to add a bathroom to it, with shower and toilet.
However I have heard that I need to connect the drain pipes to my existing pipes in my house. My house is all on concrete, with no basement and no other way to access the pipes from underneath. And my bathrooms are decently remodeled. Is there anyway to route the pipes correctly without breaking apart my bathroom to access the drain pipes?

Thanks
Jim
jimderbehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 AM   #2
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 5,246

Re: Additional bathroom drain pipe

You probably need to start by discussing the project with the building inspector. What you need to do depends on local regulations, and will vary depending on whether you have a septic tank or on town sewer. My town is entirely on septic, and adding an extra plumbed room would require that the septic system be adequately sized, so that would be the starting point for the project. But your building inspector will be able to help you understand what the rules are, and what your options are.
Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,328

Re: Additional bathroom drain pipe

The main sewer must be accessible or it means hard breaking and digging. There is no easy/smart/creative way to do this. Dedicated septic field may be an option. Depending on the use, possibly using pumping services or porta potty. Gray water, I think, may be drained into the field.
carpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement