90-100 Psi In Copper Plumbing Causing Damage? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 269

90-100 psi In Copper Plumbing Causing Damage?

Hello,

Would about a 60-90 seconds of 90 psi within a residential copper plumbing line normally cause any long-lasting problems? How about as much as 100 psi on the well side causing damage to a well pump? Here is the rest of the story...

I am planning to repair an electrical line to my well pump and in the interim, am manually controlling its operation via the circuit breaker. This is done by monitoring the pressure tank pressure gauge and another gauge connected to the first faucet on the home side of the plumbing. (HA, I also connected a home automation sensor to the pressure gauge and I get texts when action is required.) The pumpsaver device is also offline.

Anyhow, I was distracted for about a minute and suddenly noticed that the pressure tank gauge had risen to 100 psi and the faucet gauge was at 90 psi. I quickly stopped the well pump and let out pressure via the closest faucet back down to 60 psi (where it is normally). There is no immediate sign of any damage. Still, I cringe at the thought of a hidden leak somewhere.

Peace,
Dr. Z.
Zeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,512

Imo, I dont think any damage was caused. You would of known by now. Keep an eye on things for awhile.

Others will be along with more advice/suggestions.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 582

no damage was done in that short of time...
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement